Meyerland Community Improvement Association
4999 W. Bellfort
Houston, TX  77035
  Phone  713-729-2167


Is an alarm permit required for Precinct 5 Constables

No.  Precinct 5 does not require an alarm permit.

Why do I need an HPD alarm permit?

City of Houston ordinance requires that all operable alarms have a valid alarm permit. 

Houston Police Department may refuse to respond to an alarm notification from a burglar alarm system that does not have a valid alarm permit. 

The cost of a permit is minimal and must be renewed every year.  You may apply for an alarm permit at

What is Citizens on Patrol?

This HPD program is a means for citizens to organize as groups and patrol the neighborhood. They act as another set of eyes and ears for law enforcement officers. The Citizens on Patrol program provide an effective method of discouraging neighborhood crime, promte a friendly and safter neighborhood environment, and improve communication among neighbors.

Read more about the Citizen Patrol program on the City of Houston's web site at

Who do I report a pothole in the street to?

Call the City of Houston at 311 and let them know that you have spotted a road hazard.  Let the Association know also so we can follow up on it as well.

Why do I need to repair my sidewalk?

Sidewalks on a property are the responsibility of the property owner.  Any sidewalk that is broken, unlevel or has a tripping hazard must be repaired or replaced by the homeowner.

Sidewalks may sometimes be leveled, using the existing slabs of concrete.  If a sidewalk is to badly damaged to be leveled, it should be replaced and new concrete.

If you pour a new sidewalk, you must receive a building permit and variance from the City of Houston.  (Houston Sidewalk Ordinance requires all "new" sidewalks to be 5 feet in width, but because Meyerland has existing sidewalks at 4 feet, a variance is available if applied for).

An architectural application is also required for any exterior work completed on your property.

How do I order a vacation watch?


Call the Precinct 5 Constables at 281-463-6666 or mail in the vacation watch form at least 7 days ahead of time.  You can download the vacation watch form from the Security section of the Meyerland website.

Who do I call if I see suspicious activity or need police assistance?

Call Precinct 5 Constables at 281-463-6666

How do I join Citizens on Patrol


The time commitment for being a volunteer is a few hours per month. Volunteers must be 18 years or older, have a Texas driver's license, pass a background check, and go through training with the Houston Police department.  Contact Jerry Goldman at for additional information and an application.

What do I do if I have a complaint about one of the Constables?

The MCIA contracts with Precinct 5 who provides us with top-notch officers.  Most have been in this line of work for several years and are very professional.  Should you have a situation you feel was not handled well, please contact the Precinct at 281-463-6666.  When the dispatcher answers, explain that your concern is not an emergency but is important and needs attention.